Welcome to Jim Hill Motorbike Services at www.ifixyourbike.com
We are an independent motorcycle service and repair business based in Long Eaton, Derbyshire.
We specialise in servicing and repairing all models of BMW motorcycles. See our What we do section for more information about the services we offer.
We offer a high quality, professional service at realistic prices.
What we do
The services we offer :
- Servicing - major and minor
- Fault finding
- Tyre supply and fitting
- Thread repairs to stripped threads
- Call us if there is anything else you need doing (within reason!)
All service parts used, are either original equipment, or quality pattern parts, that are sourced from official distributors. If you are not sure when your bike next needs servicing, have a look at this page for details of all BMW bike service schedules.
We can come and collect your bike if you need us to (at a charge) within a 40 mile radius of our workshop.
Price of an MOT
We carry out MOTs for motorcycles, sidecars & scooters, the cost is £29.00 for solo machines and £37.00 for sidecars
How long does it take?
We offer a full MOT service on-site and is done while you wait (about 30 minutes), or you can leave the bike with us and collect it when it is best suited for you. We are fully trained in carrying out an mot on any make of scooter or motorcycle.
When can I have the MOT done?
You can book it in from 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday or between 9:00 am and 12:00 am most Saturday mornings. We also offer evening MOTs on Tuesdays between 6:00pm and 8:00 pm (with free tea and coffee provided!).
What if my bike does not pass?
No problems at all. We offer you a free re test within 10 working days.
Find out when your next mot is due?
Use the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on-line system - https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status to check when your MOT is due.
Do you need further help?
If you have any questions regarding an MOT, or to book in your bike, call us on 0797 123 6087.
Our prices are very competitive and offer good value. We always provide a quote for repairs and servicing and if we find any additional work needs doing, we will always let you know what it will cost and get your permission to carry it out. We cannot list prices for all possible work so please ring for a quote. It would be helpful if you could have the model, year and mileage of your bike available when you call on 0797 123 6087.
- Our standard labour charge is £40 per hour
- To collect your bike, we charge £1.50 per mile
The prices shown below for servicing are for guidance only. We will advise you of the exact price for standard service items for your bike before we start work. If we find that less work is required, your quote will be adjusted accordingly.
Please note that the example prices below DO include parts but should be used as a guide only. Renewing brake pads will incur an additional charge.
|Bike type||Minor service from||Major service from|
|BMW F650 ST||£110||£200|
|BMW R1100 RT||£140||£260|
|BMW R1200 GS||£130||£250|
|BMW K1200 (flat 4)||£150||£305|
|BMW K1200 (across frame)||£130||£320|
Preparing for a service
A full service history will help to keep the resale value of your bike high and we want you to get the very best from your vehicle service. Therefore, in order for both parties to work together to achieve that, please consider the following when bringing your vehicle in for servicing :
- Try to give clear, and if possible, written instructions of all the work you believe needs doing to your bike
- List all known faults when booking your bike in, and there is no need to be technical, if you hear any odd noise when driving then please tell us - that will usually help us find, diagnose and fix the problem
- We will need to contact you during the day you leave your bike with us, so please leave a telephone number so we can speak to you should we need to
- If your vehicle has a service record book, please leave it with us so we can stamp it after we have completed your service
- If your bike has an alarm, please make sure we have the key fob and any codes required to put it into service mode
- Please remove as much fixed luggage as possible e.g. panniers, top boxes, etc...
Remember - when you have your vehicle serviced by us, Block Exemptions ensures that your manufacturer's warranty remains unaffected.
It's not just servicing we do. If you would like us to price for new tyres, battery, engine diagnostics or anything else to do with your bike, we would be delighted to do so. Please call us on 0797 123 6087.
In October 2003, European Union legislation, 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002 (BER)' came into force. This ruling gave bikers more freedom of choice in their decision as to who should repair and service their vehicles. Any garage can now be used to service your bike without invalidating the manufacturer's warranty (subject to certain conditions). This was as a result of introducing four specific 'freedoms', aimed at safeguarding free competition in the entire market for vehicle spare parts, service and repair. These meant :
- dealers and authorised repairers without the vehicle manufacturer / assembler using 'dealer / repairer contracts' or other means to prevent them
- manufacturers can no longer be forced by their original equipment (OE) contract to limit supply of parts to the vehicle manufacturer / assembler
- parts distributors can supply parts of the appropriate quality to parts. Parts manufacturers can supply OE products under their own brand so motorists and repairers will not feel they have to go to a main dealer for a certain part
- anyone with a legitimate need for technical information has a right of access to it in usable form and at a reasonable cost
Independent repairers can carry out normal maintenance and repair services during a vehicle's warranty period without invalidating the warranty conditions provided that :
- the service is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's servicing schedules and is recorded as such
- any parts used are of 'appropriate quality' and are recorded as such
If you need any further information on this topic then please visit the ADF website at www.adf.org.uk
BMW service schedules :
If you want to know when your next service is due and what needs to be done, please use this link and search for your model. We recommend that you have your bike serviced at least every 6,000 miles, alternating between major and minor service schedules. Our competitive pricing helps you to maintain a full service history for your bike.
Tel : 0797 123 6087
Unit 2, Acton Street
Acton Road Industrial Estate
Long Eaton, Derbyshire